Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Heather and Tiffany from SITS.. What a chat..


Hello Girlie's

I had the honor to interview the girls over at SITS. Heather and Tiffany answered the questions I asked. Some answers make you smile and others laugh.. Enjoy!

1.How did the two of you meet?- We met as neighbors, and became fast friends over our love for thrift shops, decor and anything pink!

2.When did you decide to create Sits? In the Spring of 2008, we were talking about how hard it was to find new blogs, and really wanted more a of a site where bloggers where celebrated and given a chance to be featured, based on participation instead of content was something we couldn't find, so SITS was born!

3.How did you come up with the name? "The Secret is in the Sauce" came from Heather- the minute she said it, we loved it. "The Secret to Success is Support!"

4.What was the reason you created Sits? "We wanted a space where bloggers could find one another. A wholesome, supportive, drama-free environment, where every woman can have her chance!"

5.When did you start doing sitscation? October 2009 was our first ever SITScation. Our members really wanted to get together and we thought Las Vegas would be fun- and it was! We plan on SITScation annually, and will be releasing information about our one day "Blogging Boot Camp" conferences coming to Baltimore, Phoenix and San Francisco in 2010!

Tiffany:

1.What are your likes? Family, relaxing vacations, any show on Bravo, good books, good friends, good food.

2.What are your dislikes? Rude people, hypocrites, injustice.

3.What do you look for when picking a blog to write about? The great thing about SITS is that everyone who participates gets a chance to be featured!

4.Do you have any children? If so, how many. I have a nine year old boy who cracks me up daily.

5.If you could accomplish one thing in life what would it be? Live authentically

6.What makes you smile? Fat, happy babies. My son's laughter. My husband walking in the room.

7.What makes you sad? The Twilight movie- {I expected so much more.} Women tearing each other down.

8.What obstacles have you had to face in life? I have been incredible blessed to achieve my goals with hard work. I suffered with hyperemesis during my pregnancy, which was the most difficult year of my life.

9.Who has made an impact in your life? My husband. My son. My friends. I find women everywhere inspiring!

10.What advice would you give women to steer clear of when blogging? Engaging in gossip and negativity. Also, be sure of who you are- please yourself first!


Heather:

1.What are your likes? Young adult fiction, real whipped cream by the spoonful, and Hello Kitty

2.What are your dislikes? Loading and unloading the dishwasher, rude people, and the way my minivan smells right now

3.What do you look for when picking a blog to write about? For SITS features, we go in the order that submissions are received.

4.Do you have any children? If so, how many. I have four little girls.


5.If you could accomplish one thing in life what would it be? To write the greatest love story ever.

6.What makes you both smile? My family, coffee, and my toes in the sand


7.What makes you sad? Snow, 80's music, and my children crying


8.What obstacles have you had to face in life? Getting over high school. Seriously. It took me at least ten years of therapy.

9.Who has made an impact in your life? My husband. I never knew my worth until I met him.


10.What advice would you give women to steer clear of when blogging? Stats. Blog because it's fun and forget how many people may or may not be reading.



I loved this interview.I loved Heather's comment about her minivan. I told her I have 3 kids and mine is smelling a little funky at the moment.. Thank you SITS girls keep up the Fabulous work you created..

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! This is great.

    I wanted to let you know that I think your blog is FABULOUS! I have an award waiting for you over at my blog. Please stop by when you get a chance and accept it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog!!! Love it!!! You have the best posts!!!If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so sweet. I love their advice for blogging women. We blog for ourselves, anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather & Tiffany,

    Your SITScation Peeps are faithfully following you around. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin